Saturday, October 27, 2007

Tel Aviv 4th November 1995

In 1995 I worked in Yachin Building on Kaplan street. Yossi Beilin's Ministry office was there. That Saturday evening I was at the Kikar. Rabin and Peres were happy that many thousands of people came to support Peace and against Violence.
I DID NOT LIKE The Demo as again it was that part of the public that I belong too
when the Other part are not there. I phoned my sister and said so.
When the demo was nearly finished I returned to Kaplan st. I saw Zalli Reshef of Shalom Achshav at "Mac David" Hamburger place and spoke to him.
Then the news on the radio said that Rabin was shot at. I went to nearby Ichilov Hospital and heard Eitan Haber announcing Rabin's murder. There were so many crazy people there that I left and went back to Kaplan.
This started a most Traumatic experience personally and publicly.
12 years later we have learnt little and the situation is worse.
I beleive that the weakness of Israeli Politics is behind this assasination and the cause that has to be changed is Proportional Representation.

No comments: